Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Kyle Graduated

It was a fantastic ceremony. A military band, flags of all the states, other flags for the divisions, and marching. All the sailors looked good, they all did themselves proud. I will be posting pictures to flickr when I get them edited. There are other pictures of the sites that we saw as well. He has managed to get taller, and to gain muscle without really gaining weight. He graduated as an E-3 and will be taking the test to become an E-4 in February. He hadn't gotten his orders before I left, he believes he will be going to Gulf Port for his "A" school. He will be learning how to build buildings. He as a 50% chance of going to Iraq. There was always the possibility that this would happen. I'll know more when I here from after he's at his tech school.

On a lighter note, he did ask his girlfriend to marry him. She said yes. They will not be getting married anytime soon, she's in college and wants to finish before they even think about a date. Even if Kyle doesn't go to Iraq, he will be overseas for a while, which is another reason to wait. Just so you all know, I do like her, they will be good together.

Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend. Lots of time spent with Kyle. It was very good to see him.

Live fully......

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Thanks for the update. Those ceremonies can be very moving. It is particularly so, when family members are a part of it.

It does not surprise me that he gained muscle tone. The physical training is quite rigorous and he did do extra training, too.

So he is going to get married. Glad to know that they are taking their time. I bet the look great together, too. I look forward to the flickr site link.

shannon said...

Photos are great! congrats on all things!! I will keep him in my thoughts as he continues down his life's path. I love you!