Monday, November 07, 2005

Novel Writing

The first of the month started the novel writing. Hopefully I will get to 50,000 words that I am supposed to have by the end of the month. It's only day six and I'm already behind the minimum word count that I set for myself. Found that it is easier to write when listening to music, took time to import some CD's to the i-tunes that I have on my laptop. That was worth a good three hours to set up. Then again I have always been good at procrastination. The story this year is a mystery, so far without anyone dying. Lots of strange things and people involved. A large family, an ancient castle, and old artifacts, and a made up myth. Maybe death and destruction at some point.

Kyle seems to like the internet school, he has at least been doing his work. It will be interesting to see how well he really does. Greg is doing good in his classes. They both could be doing a lot better though. Even though they both have goals, they sometimes do things that keep them from reaching those goals. I will keep after them to do the work that is needed to reach those goals. The joys of motherhood.

Hope everyone has a purpose filled week.

Live fully...

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Good going on the novel. A mystery, huh? Well, I look forward to reading that one too. Will you be sharing on a web log? Will you ever get back to the other one?

I like to have music in the background too. There is a radio connection through my computer's iTunes application. The smooth jazz channel is all music. After a while it all sounds the same, but it is soothing. It is the "Absolutely Smooth Jazz on Sky.fm." If you have me on your AIM buddy list you can tell when I am listening.

As for the procrastination, it must be hereditary. I can think of a number of things to do prior to getting to the job I really should be doing. Like right now. I have a task that will pay me and I am taking the time to write this. Are my priorities in order, or what?

Tell the boys to get to work. (There is a joking smirk on my face when I say that.)

Take care, Serve well.

Love,

Dad