Saturday, December 01, 2007

November is over

That means the writing challenge is also over. I didn't reach the goal, didn't even come close to it, didn't finish my story either. The story still needs to be told, so it will get written. Having started a new job was a big part in my not getting it written. I know that it sounds like an excuse, I haven't held a real job for a few years. Raising kids is a job in itself, in some ways more demanding than a job outside the home, yet you can take a nap when at home unlike in an office.

When I started this job, the company I work for had just bought a very successful bookkeeping business. So I was behind in work before I had even begun. I am now caught up for the first time since I started, I will succeed at staying caught up with out to much overtime. I have a hourly pay rate based on a billable client base of $10,000 per month, the clients that were brought in are at a billable rate of $12,000 per month. What this means is that if I can keep my overtime down and don't need any extra help, is that I get a bonus of 30% on the $2,000 over the original base. I am so excited about this.

Jerry and I working at making our marriage work. So far things are going good. We have our own rooms. I know that sounds strange, yet with the hours that we work it makes sense. I don't have to worry about waking him up when my alarm clock goes off, and he doesn't have to worry about waking me up when he gets home after midnight. We are spending more time on the weekends together. We are doing better. We will have to work on our marriage for the rest of our lives, that's the way it should be.

Live fully....

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Lots of good news and and a couple of minor bummers. So, you didn't finish the book. That is a bummer, but not insurmountable.

Not being able to take a nap during the day is a bummer. However, you will get back to the time when you can and that's an upper.

Work is going good, that's an upper.

Knowing the bonus schedule is an upper.

Knowing you did a good job raising the kids is an upper.

Working on making a marriage is a full time endeavor and that is an upper.

And the best upper of all is YOU!

Love ya,

Dad