Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

This week went fairly quickly. Gregory was accepted into the Marine Corp. His test scores are good enough that he qualified for any ob that he wants. When I know which job he will be training for I will let everyone know. Kyle survived his trip to California with his girlfriend, they didn't go alone. They did have fun.

Well, I did say it was a quick week, things were done, I just can't recall all that went on. To many kids, to many projects, to much to try to remember. Maybe this is a sign that I should be posting on a daily basis. Hmmm....there's a thought.

Live fully....

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Congratulations to Gregory. He will find an interesting life ahead of him. It has all of the possibilities for success that he could imagine. And I know he has a very vivid imagination.

Congratulations to Kyle as well for his trip survival. It isn't always easy being that far away, but it can be fun.

I suspect this gave you some insights to the impending "empty nest". Maryann and I always kept the thought in mind that our primary parental job was to prepare you all for being on your own. I think it worked out reasonably well. I know I am very proud of the mission accomplishments of you all.

Among other things, you all have become rather good writers. I always look forward to your latest postings. Now for the question all America has been asking, when will we get a peek at your November novel?

Daily postings can be a drag. There only a few days when the muses beat me about the head and shoulders and say, "Write something, even if it can be perceived as drivel."

I did send an article to the Kansas Association of REALTORS® yesterday. I don't know if they will publish or even when. I'll keep you posted on its progress.

In the meantime, keep up your good works. Give everyone my best. And,

Serve well and live fully!

Love,

Dad