Sunday, September 11, 2005

Settled into a routine

Now that we have all settled into the routine here, life doesn't seem as hectic. The boys are getting up and out the door on time, getting homework done,and all the things that keep us on time. Kyle has been going to work with his dad on the weekends, Greg is kind of looking for work, they both need a job. I do like having a routine around here. It keeps things on an even keel and fairly quiet. It doesn't give me much to write about, that's ok though, I will find other things to write about.

One of the things that has become part of the routine is playing of Dungeons and Dragons. Yes, you have read that right, Greg is the Dungeon Master, and the rest of us have picked out our alter egos to play with. What I find interesting is that those that are fairly confident and comfortable with themselves have only one character, those that are having problems at home or aren't as confident with themselves have made several characters. I like the idea of these role playing games, I get to see how these kids really think, what their personality is, what they think of themselves. The ones that have low self esteem have a tendency to pick on those that seem more confident in themselves. Because I play with them I find that they open up to me more than they do their own parents, in a way I like it, it gives me a chance to explain why their parents do the things they do, and give an opinion that they hadn't thought about before. It also makes me kind of sad that they can't be as open with their parents as they are with me, and I do get their respect. This should actually go on the other blog of Serve Well, you can get there through the link on the sidebar.

That's it for now, will write again soon. Until then...

Live Fully.....

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

You are truly an old soul. I have been so blessed by having you in my life. Thank you for that choice you made.

Thanks, also for the Serve Well link plug. I haven't visited that link yet, but will do so later.

Congratulations on your perspicacity and willingness to be a guide to those youngsters who obviously need one. They get a great one when the confide in you.

I agree that it is too bad that they cannot be that open with their parents. As you have probably discovered, too, it is sometimes difficult to bridge that gap.

So, serve well, live fully,

Love,

Dad