Sunday, August 14, 2005

School Starts Monday

School starts Monday, yay! I am both excited that they will be going back to school and kind of sad at the same time. Glad because they will be out of the house each day and sad because this is the last year of high school. Once they graduate they will be heading off to find their way in the world. Kyle wil be going into the Navy and Greg will be going off to college with the desire to go to Japan to learn about animation. So the last couple of weeks have been very busy.

Micael finally sent a child suport check and it actually paid off some of the arrearage that he owes, and there is supposed to be more money on the way. Because of this things that would have been bought on a more timely fashion are now being bought all at once. Kyle's truck had to have some repair, Greg had wanted a comcorder for a while, plus there is always clothing, school fees (especially since they are both seniors this year), and school supplies. Then there is car repairs and other things that needed to be taken care of. Money has to be put away for those expenses that will come after they graduate as well. Anyway I'm very glad that I finally got some of what is owed to me.

Maggie is really turning a very important corner in her life. She is actually enjoying becomeing a contributing member o society. For those that don't know, my step-daughter was arrested earlier this year for riding in a stolen car. This was a big bump in the slippery slope that she was going down. Being told that she has to obey the rules, check in with her PO, pay fees and fines, and take some classes. If her mom had done the same thing, said no when neccessary, hadn't been afraid of her then maybe Maggie would have become the responsible adult that she is turning into now. I am even going to pay for a seminar about getting published that she wants to take, she writes poetry, she needs to be encouraged along this path. I am also going to take a class on getting published.

I bought myself a laptop so that I will not have any excuses not to write. So far I have written more in the last couple of days than I have in a long time. None of it though was on the book that I have already started, every bit of writing is good though. The more you write the better and more comfortable you get with the proccess of writing. I would recommend that anyone who wants to write to read Stephen King's book "On Writing", there are lots of good tips. I may never get published, I will enjoy the writing though.

I will try to update sooner. Hope everyone has a good week.

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Congratulations on getting back to writing. I can't tell you the number of people to whom I have bragged about your book.

More importantly, congratulations to Maggie. It is difficult sometimes to come to grips with a world that has sent you very few positive, affirming messages. I know that you and Jerry have, but the primary care provided needs to do so as well.

Give her my best. I got lucky. I only had to spend one night in the county jail to be more careful about my decision making process. It is possible to go on and do some really great things. And the judgment for the greatness need only come from the person doing those things. The rest of us will get it sooner or later.

Love,

Dad