Tuesday, June 03, 2008

An update and a Question....

Well, I've been let go from my job. Which I knew was going to happen. Looking back on the way things went, I should have given notice when the CPA that had hired me had been fired. I should not have been there without the supervision of a CPA. I was asked to run year end reports, financial reports, and other things that should have only been done by a CPA or at least with the guidance of one. So I am looking for work still, I have also applied for unemployment. I have managed to save a little money so I will not have to worry so much about making the bills.

I have found that while I was not happy at my job and am relieved at not working there anymore, I am also a little depressed that I got fired. I'm keeping busy to help me get past this.

I am editing the one story that I did finish (Dad, if you don't mind, I will be sending it on to you within a couple of weeks. That's my goal anyways). I will be finishing the other three that I have started. I have been investigating self-publishing businesses, if anyone has any recommendations or thoughts, please let me know. I know that I will not be able to make a living with writing, I will be able to supplement my income some.

I have also sent for a program that will allow me to create my own patterns for crochet. It will be another way for me to supplement my income. I will keep you all updated on this endeavor as well.

Now for my question. Do you work to live or live to work?

Live fully....

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Wow! When it rains it pours. But I detect a degree of optimism in the tone of your posting.

You are taking charge of your life and have begun to plan some options.

Some comments on your situation:

DO NOT blame yourself for the firing. There is not doubt that you did the best you could with the guidance you received. Management messed up by trying to do things on the cheap. They deserve whatever difficulties face them based upon their frivolous, ill-thought decisions. Is there any chance to find the CPA who did hire you and determine if there is a position there? Just a thought.

w00t, w00t on your decision to finish your story. I would be honored to see what you have done. As I said before, your story intrigued me from the beginning. You do have a talent. I have already downloaded and edited the first nine chapters.

I have no information about self-publishing. However, I do know there are companies out there that will take your money and not do much. I will look for someone who might be able to give you advice.

Creating your own crochet patterns can be a fun way to relax.

My answer to your question:

I live to live.

Read Tolle's book A new earth.

Love ya,

Dad