Friday, May 26, 2006

It's been longer than I thought

The last couple of weeks has been crazy around here. I didn't realize it had been so long since I had last posted. I had to change my routine slightly for a bit, other wise I get stuck in the rut I've created for myself. I haven't been online much, barely long enough to check my email. I was playing Myst V, and I won! If you like puzzles, this series of games is great.

Gregory was able to walk with his graduating class. We knew that he would be graduating, we just weren't sure when the credits from the online courses would be added to his transcript, thankfully it was in time for him to walk with his classmates. So this last week we have been running around to get his cap and gown so that he could participate in the ceremony. When you get your cap and gown now you own it. So we now have a lovely purple cap and gown. The ceremony was one of the best organized ones that we have been to. Once the ceremony started they kept on track. Gregory's recruiter was there to watch him and a couple of others graduate, Greg even turned over his certificate to him before we left. The recruiter needs a copy of it in Greg's file. Greg is so excited about going into the Marine's.

Kyle is going to take the GED test on Tuesday. We had to get a letter from his school councilor for him to take the test. The Navy recruiter told him he had to wait until after school was out before he could take the test. It takes three weeks to get the results back, we should know before the party what his results are. He is very excited about going into the Navy as well. The GED test is just one more step closer to his goal of getting into the Navy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Live fully.....

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Glad to learn that the boys are turning into fine young men.

Congratulations to Greg for getting to be part of the graduation ceremony.

Now you just have to get Kyle through his next step. I am sure he has the requisite motivation to do well on the GED.

I'll see you all for the party.