Saturday, February 11, 2006

Quiet Observations

As Greg and Kyle get ready to go to basic training, their friends are not handling their transformation well at all. With all of them being boys, they have been well programmed not to show their emotions, the friends have started doing dumb things. I'm not sure exactly what they are doing, all I know is that both Greg and Kyle are finding them annoying. To be fair, not all of their friends are acting strange, just some of them. When they told me which ones were acting up, I realized it's the ones that don't have a goal, or a plan for their future. It seems they didn't think that anything was going to change and now that it is they don't know how to handle the inevitability of time and change. I can only hope that these boys' will find their way, both Greg and Kyle are good models of setting a goal, and finding a way of achieving that goal.

I haven't set a date for their party yet, still working out which weekend will work best. So far it looks like it will be towards the end of June. Will keep everyone posted as to when it will happen in enough time to make plans for those that can make it.

Live fully....

2 comments:

shannon said...

I sometimes feel as though I didn't have any clear goal until just recently. Now that goal scares me and makes me wonder if I've done the right thing...

The boys will realize that they have made the right choices (although I assume Greg and Kyle already feel that way). The friends will eventually realize that they too need to come up with a plan of action for the rest of their lives.

It's scary. Maybe Kyle and Greg can be the leading examples of what greatness can do.

Adrianne said...

I believe that Greg and Kyle have already started that. Hopefully their friends will find their goals soon. It's scary to see kids not moving forward in life when they've barely begun to live.