Tuesday, July 31, 2007

They jumped the gun a bit....

We live in a mobile home. We own our mobile home. We pay lot rent for the space our home sits on. Lot rent is due on the first of the month. Monday (July 30th) we walk out of the gate, I'm going to QT and Jerry is putting his tools in the truck before I leave. On the gate is an envelope. Jerry opens the envelope to see what it says on the note. He reads part of it to me and it says that we are late in paying lot rent. Since it is still July we are both thinking that they are talking about July's lot rent. Jerry hands me the note, I'm looking it over, telling Jerry that I have the money order receipts for the rent being paid. We are talking loud enough , which doesn't have to be that loud in a mobile home park, that one of our neighbors from across the street hears us. He says "Look at the date for payment". I look at the date for the month that they say we are delinquent for, and it's for August. They, the management, are telling us that we are late in paying August's lot rent, and it isn't even August yet.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm not to impressed with these managers? They are good people, just not very bright managers.

Oh, yeah, add us to the list of those that are looking for a new home. We are both of the opinion that the new owners are going to eventually close the park and build apartments. If they can get everyone that speaks English as a first language to move, then they won't have to send out the proper notices of closing, that's my thought anyways.

Live fully....

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

I do believe you are on to something. Sometimes owners of property will let inept managers to continue and tell them what to do. That way the owner may be able to plead they didn't know should the case come to court.

Btw, what does your lease say about when monthly rent is due? Surely, the managers will understand that.

Good luck.

Love,

Dad